Have you ever driven down the street and seen some tall and narrow, three-story homes?
Coloradans from Castle Rock to Broomfield have begun to notice these new homes popping up all over the Metro Area and they have spurred some questions:
- Why are three-story homes becoming popular?
- How are cities deciding where these types of homes are built?
- Why would someone want to have a tiny yard and very little land?
These are all good questions. Ultimately, Colorado homebuyers are falling in love with these three-story homes for a handful of reasons:
- Low Maintenance: Being that some of these three-story homes are technically detached condominiums, almost all of the exterior areas in the community are maintained by the HOA. No time to plant some flowers in the spring? No problem, the HOA has you covered!
- Space-Maximizing Floorplans: The advent of open floor plans has made homebuyers and builders realize that most homes have much unused space. Three-story homes are designed to maximize every space to make the home feel larger and be as functional as possible.
- Rooftop Decks: Did someone say rooftop decks? Yep! Some communities offer rooftops with amazing views and prime location for grilling and hosting family or friends.
- No Shared Walls: In most condominiums, you can’t avoid the dreaded shared walls with neighbors. Even worse, it seems those walls get thinner and thinner, letting you hear them and them hear you. No bueno. These three-story homes are all free-standing so no shared walls with neighbors and more privacy.
- Small Yard for Pets: I know, I know – earlier I said the huge appeal to these homes was being low maintenance. Builders realize most home buyers still want a place for Fido to “go outside.” Hence, a small yard for your four-legged friend!
These three-story homes may not be for everyone, but they are gaining popularity and offer some unique features many homebuyers didn’t think were possible.
Want to see these three-story homes for yourself? Here are some communities to check out:
Ready to start your new home search? We have partnered with local real estate brokers to help you find your next home at no cost! Contact us here for more details.